Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

" Holiday Recipies"

Make Garden Salads now, and have for the Holidays.

1 Gallon Mason Jars.

Veggys, what ever you like, but has to be fresh;

Then blanch them all, you know, have pots with boiling water in them, flame still on, dump fresh Veggy's in a couple of minutes to 5 minutes, but don't let them become soft.

Now let them all cool down, I lay them on a large towel.

OK, stuff your 1 gallon jars, mixing up all your Veggy's. Add now 1/4 height of jar with Vinegar, add chopped fresh garlic, not alot, add dill weed about a 1/2 to 1/4 spoon full, and a 1/2 to 1/4 spoon full of dill seed, a little pepper, a shake of Sea Salt, and fill the jar with cold water. Put the Lid on the jar, and stick the jars in a cool place till the Holidays, and simply enjoy a taste of the summer.

You can add more Sea Salt, Pepper, Garlic, the dill you could lighten up on, so you don't have a pickle taste, but please add just a little then, the rest or others mention are to your taste likings.

I even put different type Peppers in the jar, after Blanching of course, that is to your taste also. You can just about add anything that is a fresh Veggy, to the jars as long as they are Blanched first.

Note; You can also drain - rinse - and serve, or eat right from the jar, it's a choice of taste is all.

I'll dig up a couple of my family's Norwegian recipes in the next couple days and post them. Also, does anybody have an awesome caramel recipe to go with the rolls?

Always love your cubs unconditionally...they are a gift from God and someday they'll pick your nursing home!!

Snowbear, That is a super idea, I roll out the dough, sprinkle with br sugar and cinnamon, roll up and cut, then let raise and bake, frost with powdered sugar frosting, But Carmel would be awsome........This is what I do put Br sugar, Maple syrup, butter in the bottom of the baking pan I use a 9x13 cake pan. add the cut rolls , cover and let rise then bake and turn out while still warm.........

OH, tuffy that sounds good. Would make a wonderful Holiday breakfast. I've made my rolls and put in the oven at night and turn on in morning.

May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Tuffy, Tuffy, where is the Rum ball Recipe?????RolleyesShyTongue

come on Tuffy let us have the rum ball receipe?

You people are funny and making me laugh,,,,,,, I just got home from my trip, it is late so if you are all nice kids and behave, I will post the recipe tomarrow..

But Tuffy that is no fun. But I will try to be good for a couple days.

Smile Shy Tongue You asked for it!!!!!!

Ok here we go!
1/4 lb Margarine
2lb powdered Sugar
1 can Eagle Brand Milk

Finely chopped marachino cherries as many as you like.
10 oz coconut
4 cups finely chopped pecans
3 Tsp Vanilla or 41/2 tsp maple, Rum , or any other flavoring, season to your taste.

You can omit the coconut, cherries, and even the pecans if you want just a cream like candy covered in chololate .

Chill untill balls will hold shape. form in balls in the size you want, I use a small mellon baller or cookie scoop.

Melt Chocolate Almond Bark in Micro, Dip balls and turn out on Waxed paper untill solid,

You can divide the dough and use different flavorings.

These freeze well or store well in an air tight container.
Any questions, ask away as I do these from memory and all I have is the basic recipe......... ENJOY I sure do.

Forgot to tell you to mix all the ingrediants together, There is no cooking, just melting the Cho -Co -Late

Monster you can do this one..................

Thanks Tuffy- now we can all have your rum balls for the holidays.

everyone we need more recipes- lets have a few other type of recipes. Any one have a special vegtable receipe that they always fix for the holidays.

Accorn squash-
cut in haft and turn upside down on cookie sheet, bake at 350 for approx 15 minutes, or until fork will stick in it. Turn over and place sauage in center, with brown sugar (2 table spoons) and a little butter, cook for 30 minutes. It taste like sweet potatos.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by monster
12-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Last Post by collateraldamage5591
12-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Last Post by Bummer Knees
11-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Last Post by sweet tooth
09-20-2007, 06:23 AM