Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Still tracking down "French" language posts - need your help

damm,
Missed the 'sex toy' post, darn, might of been some sort of comic relief.

(04-12-2011, 12:19 AM)1171 Wrote:  found it..............

it's not a post but in the profile
look at the location in the profile of this user
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...e&uid=8851

jayne:
if you want me to delete a post, just say the word and I'll edit it out....

Great observation, thanks. For some reason many of them entered birthdays in their profiles, and that has ultimately helped us. A couple months back I noticed all these birthdays of people I had never heard of, which is frankly, unusual. I started looking at them and found that they were similar profiles, but they almost always included a web link in their HomePage field. It dawned on us that they were registering and leaving the link in their profile, and never posting as a way to stay under the radar and still have their link recognized by search engines that crawl the "Member List" link.

We devised a method that allows our system to list all the suspicious profiles in a group, and we were able to delete over 1500 members who fit this category in less than one day. Now we run the report every week or so to zap their fannies. Of course, the one 1171 pointed out did not have a web link in the profile, and so the system isn't perfect. We are getting better at it, as the bogus member registration is dropping dramatically.

Thanks for your help. It is appreciated.

P.S. Don't worry about Jayne. I actually think you complete her.... Smile

I bet a lot of sites with less vigilant administration are riddled with such bogus links.
thankx for keeping us clean.

I think jayne and I keep each other from getting too far afield--opposition is healthy......

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

ying and yang ROFLMAO if I could and get up afterwards

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by admin
01-30-2015, 05:28 PM
Last Post by inpainokla
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Last Post by chrischris
12-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Last Post by capricorn
07-28-2008, 08:11 AM