Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where are hearings held? Need help choosing an Oregon attorney....

I was injured in Oregon but live in Idaho...close to the border. I need to hire an Oregon work comp attorney but am wondering if the location of the attorney means much. Where in Oregon are the WC hearings/court held? My IC is out of Salem.

I am worried about an attorneys travel time. If no settlement is reached, I think the attorneys want to be paid for their expenses. If a settlement is reached at some point, doesn't their percentage pay for any/all travel or do they get their percentage plus expenses?

no. reasonable travel is not a reimbursable expense outside of litigation expenses.
http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/wcb/...s/maps.htm

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

If you are familiar with Oregon, should I try and find an attorney near a staffed/unstaffed WC board? Are hearings set closest to your home location or injured location?

there are rules concerning changing the venue.
if location is not concern I suggest filing in portland as the board is larger.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I was injured in Ontario Oregon but the town is small and I want a good, reputable attorney. Since WC has an unstaffed office in Ontario, is that my venue? Is this where my court hearings will be held?

I would think I could get a more experienced attorney in a larger area.

hearing will be held where the claim is filed unless there is a change of venue.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

So sorry if I am annoying but I am new to this.

I have an active wc claim since february and have been receiving medical/payment benefits. How or who determines where the hearings will be held?

maybe if you contacted the WCB directly they can explain it better then the message board:
http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/wcb/contact.htm

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
07-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Last Post by 1171
03-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post by 1171
03-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post by 1171
12-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post by 1171