update from dr - Printable Version
+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (http://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: update from dr (/showthread.php?tid=2116)
update from dr - mel1980 - 11-01-2007 12:45 PM
well as you all know i was having bad side effects from th neurontin so the dr was very nice and called me back today concerned and said to stop the med and he will call me in darvocet in the meantime...he is now sending me to a pain managment dr for epidurol injections and see if that helps...He was very caring and i was happy that he called back right away....So lets hope i get some relief well just wanted you all to know thanks everyone for your support MEL
RE: update from dr - Bummer Knees - 11-01-2007 01:05 PM
If you do a search of threads you will find quite a bit of information on epidural injections. I recently had 4 injections and read everything I could find about injections previous to the first one.
RE: update from dr - mel1980 - 11-01-2007 01:17 PM
thanks bummer i am still waiting on the ins company to return my call about pain managment we shall see if they approve it or not id u get any relief from them?
RE: update from dr - queenbee - 11-01-2007 01:45 PM
I had three injesctions in C4-5, C5-6
Did nothing , it was a littlle scary, something I have never done before and I was worried about it being in my neck area.
But it was nothing, fear of the unknown.
After the injections, they did three month of therapy, which included traction. That hurt a lot.
Now surgery is suggested to remove the two disks.
RE: update from dr - mel1980 - 11-01-2007 01:48 PM
ohhh i hope the injections work but now what do they do if they dont work?
RE: update from dr - Babebahn - 11-01-2007 04:04 PM
Glad you're off the Neurontin...I sure didn't do well with it!
Good luck with the epidural injections.
RE: update from dr - mel1980 - 11-01-2007 04:25 PM
thanks babe i hope i do im still waiting on insurance company.....to approve the referrel we shall see..im glad im off it to i hope the darvocet works
RE: update from dr - tony47 - 11-01-2007 04:49 PM
Hi Mel glad to hear you have a doc that listens to you. Thats always a good sign of a doc who cares. I am also set up for a shot on Nov 7 in the morning.i am sure it won't be to bad i mean it's not like we are not in pain now. It can only help and if it don't well at least we tried it and can move on from there to try and get some type of pain relief Good Luck.
RE: update from dr - queenbee - 11-01-2007 04:58 PM
Like I said after the epidurals I had to go to therapy.
Since neither worked now Dr wants to do surgery.
I am looking into something call decommpression it is done at Johns Hopkins here.
I would like to try that before surgery.
I am going to bring it up to my Doctor and see what he thinks.
I would prefer not having surgery unless I try everything else first.
RE: update from dr - mel1980 - 11-01-2007 05:12 PM
hey tony thanks yea it is nice that he listend seem to listen more then the other dr i had.....but now it seems like the insurance company is gonna start to drag there feet lets hope not.....this is good because i can get set up for epidurols before i go back to neuro which is what i wanted and hopefully go back to work before december.....one can dream right...queenbee im with you i dont want surgery either and i hope it doesnt come to that MEL